The Summer/Fall transfer application will open today, January 22. While the application opens today, please take your time completing it. Make sure you are applying for the correct program, the correct campus, the correct term, etc. Here are a few suggestions and updates for transfer applicants.
- We project we will begin reviewing transfer files in early February, and we will start releasing decisions in early March. Once we begin releasing decisions, we will do so every Friday afternoon. If a decision is made on your application, you will receive an email late afternoon on that Friday notifying you that a decision is available on your status page.
- Review our transfer procedures and requirements, as well as our academic consideration levels. The summer and fall deadline for both the application and the materials is March 1.
- Select the term you wish to attend, not one you have heard is easier to get in (this is a myth). If you select summer, for instance, we expect you to attend for summer, and if you do not, you cannot then attend in the fall.
- We are fine if you send in transcripts before or after you apply. As well, we need all transcripts from colleges ever attended as an undergraduate, even if you attended a college during HS.
- If a transcript has a different name than the one you applied with, please make sure to let us know so we can match up documents. The “other last name” filed is the place to put any other last names, and this will catch any transcripts.
- If you started a freshman application earlier to set up an account, you will need to select the Freshman application you started on your admissions dashboard and change your application type to Transfer.
- It is much better to get everything correct before applying rather than try to fix things after you submit an application, so triple check everything.
- Once you apply, be patient. Review the timelines page on this blog, give us time to match up things, and relax. For document matching purposes, we suggest you give us 10 business days from when you apply or submit transcripts, whichever one comes last.
- Make sure to monitor your status page after sending in transcripts, but give us time to complete your file.
- We generally start reviewing transfer files based on the date the file is complete (application submitted and all transcripts are in), but this is not exact. As well, we expect over 1,000 applications in the first day alone, so understand this process takes time and some students will hear before others.
Go Dawgs, and be patient!