We recognize that attending college in another country can be both thrilling and intimidating, so we want to do everything we can to answer your questions, guide you through the application process, and introduce you to International Student Life at the University of Georgia. We have also compiled a list of questions for international students on our International FAQ.
More than 2,600 international students from 125 different countries are enrolled at UGA. While our students represent a variety of perspectives, backgrounds and experiences, they are all participants in the University of Georgia’s community of scholars. As a student at UGA, you’ll have the chance to learn from distinguished faculty in more than 170 different academic programs of study. Most importantly, you’ll be a bulldog.
At the University of Georgia, applicant files are classified as “international” if they meet ANY of the 6 criteria listed below. Supplemental application materials are needed for each of the following criteria, so review this web site carefully to see what is needed in your specific case.
Am I an international student?
- You will require an F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States.
- You are not a U.S. citizen and are currently in the United States on an F-1/F-2 (student) visa and attending a United States High School.
- You are currently in the United States on some other class of visa. Please submit a copy of the visa from your passport as well as your passport picture page with your supporting application information.
- If you are a Permanent Legal Resident of the United States, please submit a copy of the front and back of your card for inspection.
- If you are in the process of obtaining permanent legal residency, please submit all documentation related to this process. This would include, but not limited to, an Employment Authorization Document, the form I-485, or your I-94 departure record.
- If you hold refugee or asylum status, please submit all documentation related to this status.
To apply to the University of Georgia, you will need to provide:
– Application Fee
– Transcript from your graduating high school
– SAT/ACT scores
– Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation
– Teacher/Other Letter of Recommendation
Please make sure you get your application and supplemental materials to us in the required timeframe.