- Total EA Applications: 16,494 (submitted and app fee paid)
- roughly identical to last year’s EA applicant pool.
- Complete Early Action Applications as of today: 16,100
- 98% are complete right now, very impressive
- EA Applicants Applying within 3 days of Deadline: 8,659
- Wow, just wow
- Total number of EA Applicants using Coalition App: 5,300
- We are fine with either application source (in-house app or Coalition)
- Residency data on EA apps: 52% in-state, 48% out-of-state/intl
- We do not make different decisions based on residency, but it is an interesting data point as we saw a large jump in out-of-state apps last year.
- Most common majors: Biology – 1,672 applicants, Undecided Business – 1,459
- We do not make different decisions based on major, but it is always interesting to see the different academic interests of our applicants.
As you can see, a huge number of the Early Action applications are complete. Only 2% of our applicants are incomplete, with most missing official test scores. We will be shutting down the importing of test scores and documents very soon, so make sure all your materials are in. We import both test scores and documents daily in the early morning, and we are totally caught up with all materials. If your test scores are still not matched up with your application, check to make sure the testing agency has actually sent them, and that the full name and email associated with the scores matches your application data. If there is a mis-match with your name, email and other data and the scores show as being sent to UGA, I suggest you reach out to us by email to fix this issue ASAP.
We have a large number of very strong EA applicants this year, and now we just have to get through reviewing them all. We are deep into our holistic read process for a number of our EA applications, so from now until decision day we will be limited in our communications. As such, please be patient with our team.
Good luck, and Go Dawgs!