- Total EA Applications: 20,800 (submitted and app fee paid)
- This is an increase of 28% or so from last year, which is a very big jump.
- Complete Early Action Applications as of today: 20,550
- 99% are complete right now, very impressive.
- EA Applicants Applying within 3 days of Deadline: 11,620
- Wow, just wow.
- Percentage of EA Applicants using Common App: 80%
- We are fine with any application source, but in our first year with the Common App, this is big (and it part of the reason for the increase in applications.
- Residency data on EA apps: 51% in-state, 49% out-of-state/international
- We do not make different decisions based on residency, but it is an interesting data point.
- Most common majors: Biology – 2,211 applicants, Undecided Business – 1,765, Psychology 1,253
- We do not make different decisions based on major, but it is always interesting to see the different academic interests of our applicants.
I order to deal with the large increase in applications, UGA will be delaying the release of EA scholarship information and the Honors decisions until early December (no exact date yet). This will give us more time to focus on our EA admissions reviews and will help us stay on time with the 11/20 decision release date. It was either this or delay the decisions, and we felt this was the best option.
We have a large number of very strong EA applicants this year, and now we just have to get through reviewing these files. We are deep into our holistic read process for a number of our EA applications, so from now until decision day we will be limited in our communications. As such, please be patient with our team.
Good luck, and Go Dawgs!