Final freshman decisions are now available online. We had a very
strong applicant pool this year! We had just over 22,200 applications, which
was our largest applicant pool ever. Here are a few notes about
- Please do not have multiple family members try to log onto the
myStatus. This will slow down our serves. We suggest that only the
student log in as multiple people logging in could lock down your
myStatus. You can always share this information with family members
after you see it. Remember, the myStatus page might be a little slow when it first opens due to high traffic volume-Just be patient.
- No matter what your decision is, remember that there are a number of
college options and UGA is just one of them. An admissions decision is
not a judgement about your worth. A majority of our applicants are
strong, qualified applicants, but our freshman class is not big enough
to accommodate everyone.
- When trying to comprehend your decision, please understand that our office is looking at your file individually, then in comparison with the rest of the 22,200+ applicants. That is a very large, very strong applicant pool, and we are limited in how many students we can admit and enroll.
- We posted three blog posts this morning, one for each of the
three decision possibilities, with details about each decision and links
to FAQs. Please review everything about a decision before commenting.
- Please remember that other students and the admissions
representatives in our office are people too and treat everyone with
respect. Before hitting submit on a comment, make sure you actually
want to post it.
- As in past years, we have admitted a small group of freshman to
start in the Spring 2016 term. Please make sure to look at the term of
acceptance if you are admitted. An offer of Spring will not be shifted to Fall or Summer, as we made a decision to admit this small group for Spring 2016.
- We will post limited statistics about the overall applicant group next week,
once that information is available and I have time to share them. I will not be able to give out
statistics in the days following the release of decisions as I do not
have them, and we are more focused on getting the decisions out the door.
- We will delete any comments that are offensive, ask for personal
information/stats from others, or that fall into the unacceptable
comment category (Comments that bully, intimidate, or harass any user;
Content that is hateful or threatening. Please see the New Visitors
information posted on the right side of the blog).
- After decisions are out, the next steps are up to you. Whether you
are depositing at UGA or another school, signing up for Housing, or
registering for Orientation. Make sure you take care of everything you
need to post-decision.