Other Applicants

We're pleased that you're returning to UGA, or perhaps you're considering becoming a new member of the UGA community. If you are not planning to attend college right after high school or are seeking to transfer from another college to UGA for specific purposes, you may fall into one of these "other" categories. 

Former UGA Undergraduate

A Former UGA Undergraduate is a student who had previously enrolled and attended classes at the University of Georgia, is no longer enrolled and now wishes to register again for UGA undergraduate classes.

If this describes your situation, you will work through the Office of the Registrar--not Undergraduate Admissions as in previous years--to gain re-enrollment. 


A Nontraditional applicant must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Out of high school for at least five years (high school class graduated at least five years ago) 
  • High school diploma from an accredited high school or satisfactory completion of GED
  • Fewer than 30 transferable hours of college credit
  • Be a resident of the Athens-Clarke County or surrounding counties

Transfer Students to UGA's Griffin or Tifton Campuses

Upper division students who are interested in transferring to either UGA's Tifton Campus or Griffin Campus

Undergraduate programs available through UGA on the Tifton campus include: Agriscience and Environmental Systems, and Agricultural Education. Undergraduate programs available through UGA on the Griffin campus include: Agribusiness, Biological Science, Environmental Resource Science, Consumer Economics, General Business, Microbiology and Special Education. Application to these programs is for upper-level transfer students. Please check with the appropriate contact person at the Griffin or Tifton campus for more details on application and file completion deadlines.

Transient & Guest Students

UGA is glad to welcome transient and guest students to Athens-based or online courses during the Summer term. UGA transient students must be currently enrolled "in good standing" at another college or university. There are some limitations to UGA transient admission:  Enrollment is only for one term.  Credit you earn is UGA Degree Eligible; it will be used for your degree at your home institution, and it also can be considered for later gaining UGA transfer admission on a limited basis. 


Students who have earned a bachelor's degree from another institution, who have not attended UGA before, and who wish to take undergraduate classes at UGA but not to earn another undergraduate degree.

Exchange & Study Abroad

Students who are on an exchange program from another institution to attend UGA will work directly with their home institution’s academic department as well as the host department at UGA to complete all necessary admission and other forms


Currently enrolled UGA students may register for classes taught in an online method during their class registration.

Students not enrolled at UGA, but wishing to take UGA undergraduate online courses must first be admitted to the University.

Georgia Residents Aged 62+

Policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provide for the admission and registration of Georgia residents 62 years of age or older. Individuals in this category are eligible to register for undergraduate classes on a space available basis without payment of tuition and mandatory fees, except for supplies or laboratory/class fees.

Second-Degree Students

Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from another institution and wish to take classes at UGA and earn an additional undergraduate degree.


If you are a student who has served in the military and are seeking to complete a Bachelor's degree.

Contact Us

Contact us for more information about how you can join the FIRST. 

  • (+1) 706-542-8776
  • Mon - Fri 9:00am - 4:00 pm (EST)
  • 210 South Jackson Street, Athens, GA 30602-1633
Planar Client Options
Layout Style
  • Wide
  • Boxed
Theme Preview