A Dual Enrollment applicant is a local high school student who wishes to enroll in university-level coursework at the University of Georgia prior to high school graduation while simultaneously completing graduation requirements at his or her home high school.
Please note that only highly qualified local high school students living in the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area are eligible for consideration as a Dual Enrollment student: Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Franklin, Greene, Hart, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Stephens, and Walton.
We expect these students to be both academically and socially prepared for the University of Georgia, as these students will be treated as regular college students. Students should be organized and display the independence required to succeed in the UGA environment. The University suggests that any student considering this option speak with their high school counselor well in advance of our application deadlines.
Dual Enrollment Admission Criteria
Applicants must meet the following minimum academic requirements for consideration. Admission for Dual Enrollment is available for fall and spring semesters only. Please note these requirements are subject to change each year.
- 3.90 High School GPA
- 1450 SAT or 31 ACT Composite Score
- Student must be in 11th or 12th grade
After submitting an online application, materials should be submitted electronically.
- Official high school transcript (sealed or delivered electronically)
- Official SAT / ACT scores sent electronically from College Board / ACT
- School Report completed by school counselor or other school official
- Teacher recommendation (Optional)
- Parent/Guardian letter of support