A Nontraditional applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Out of high school for at least five years (high school class graduated five years ago)
- High School diploma from an accredited high school or satisfactory completion of GED
- Fewer than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit
- Be a resident of one of the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area: Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Franklin, Greene, Hart, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Stephens, and Walton
Minimum considerations include:
- 2.5 grade point average in high school and/or college
- Minimum test scores of at least one:
- SAT: 430 (CR) / 400 (M)
- ACT: 17 (E) / 17 (M)
- Meeting the minimum considerations does not guarantee admission. UGA Admissions will look at all information in order to make a decision.
Applications must include all of the following items:
- Apply online by choosing the Transfer-Athens option. There will be a section on that application where you will indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant.
- $70.00 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript (if multiple schools attended, please submit an official transcript from each institution)
- A personal statement detailing activities since high school and explaining intentions to enroll at the University of Georgia
- Current SAT or ACT exam results.