Information for Veterans
Welcome to the University of Georgia Undergraduate Admissions Veteran's Information page. This page serves as an information hub for students who have served in the military and are seeking to complete a Bachelor's degree. Thank you for your service to our country!
The college application process may seem a little overwhelming, especially if it has been several years since you have been in the classroom. Based on your previous educational experience, you will need to apply using one of the following application processes.
If you are a returning military service member, you should also access our Returning Service Members Form to see if you meet the criteria for additional assistance.
1. Transfer Admission
Transfer Admission is for students who have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours of transferable credit at a regionally accredited institution. Applicants must apply using the transfer application. More information about the transfer application process can be found on our Transfer Admission page.
2. Nontraditional Admission
A nontraditional applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Out of high school for at least five years (high school class graduated at least five years ago)
- High school diploma from an accredited high school or satisfactory completion of GED
- Fewer than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit
- Be a resident of the Athens-Clarke county community
Minimum considerations include:
- 2.5 GPA in high school and/or college
- Minimum test scores of at least one of the following:
- SAT - 430 (CR) / 400 (M)
- ACT: 17 (E) / 17 (M)
- Compass: 74 (R) / 60 (E) / 37 (M)
Applications must include all of the following items:
- Online application - transfer application, choosing the non-traditional option
- $70.00 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript (if multiple schools attended, please submit an official transcript from each institution)
- A personal statement detailing activities since high school and explaining intentions to enroll at the University of Georgia
- Current SAT, ACT or Compass exam results. For information about the Compass exam, please contact University Testing Services
3. First-Year Admission
First-Year admission is for students who have recently (within 5 years) graduated from high school and have not attended another college or university. Applicants must apply using the first-year application. Information about first-year admission and application deadlines can be found on the First-Year page.
Admission to the University of Georgia is competitive and demonstrated academic performance is the primary factor we must consider when evaluating our applicants. We also understand that not all students take the traditional path to college. Please feel free to call our office at (706) 542-2112 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For information on Veterans Certification at UGA, please visit Veterans Certification and Educational Benefits.