Transient & Guest Students
UGA is glad to welcome transient and guest students to Athens, Griffin, Tifton-based or online courses during the Summer term. UGA transient students must be currently enrolled "in good standing" at another college or university. There are some limitations to UGA transient admission: Enrollment is only for one term. Credit you earn is UGA Degree Eligible; it will be used for your degree at your home institution, and it also can be considered for later gaining UGA transfer admission on a limited basis.
Because you are not working toward a UGA degree, you will not be assigned an advisor, have your credit from other colleges evaluated, or attend new student Orientation. The Terry College of Business does not admit transient students. You are not eligible for any financial aid from UGA.
Finally, you can only attend Summer semester, although there are two exceptions--for Post-Baccalaureate students and for some Exchange and Study Abroad students as described below. Summer Transients should complete an application by the deadline and may submit either a current transcript or a "letter of good standing" from their home institution.
**If English is not your first language, you must show proof of English Proficiency. Choose one of the following ways to prove proficiency:
- Verbal SAT scores above 430, or ACT of 17 on English
- Submit a TOEFL score of at least 213 on the computer-based exam, or a 550 paper based score, or an 80 on the internet based TOEFL (Transfer students applying to the Terry College of Business need a score of 250 or higher. Remember that all score reports must be official. TOEFL scores must be less than two years old if you have not been studying at a U.S. institution since taking the exam)
- Take the equivalent of English 1101 and 1102 (first-year composition) at an accredited U.S. institution and earn a minimum 2.5 combined GPA for the two courses (theses classes cannot be "in progress" on your transcript and need to have a final grade). This must be reflected on an official transcript.
- A band score of 6.5 or better on the IELTS
- Submit proof of an earned bachelor's degree at an accredited U.S. institution
- If a student takes the SAT or ACT more than once, we will consider the best scores we receive for each section on either exam.
- UGA's TOEFL and SAT code is 5813, the ACT code is 0872
- Scores must not be more than 5 years old