Admissions Philosophy Statement
As the state of Georgia's flagship institution of higher education, the University of Georgia recognizes in its mission "the University's integral and unique role in the conservation and enhancement of the state's and nation's intellectual, cultural, and environmental heritage." To this end, the University seeks to admit undergraduate students from all parts of Georgia as well as other states and countries who have demonstrated the following:
- Excellence in academic achievement, intellectual pursuits and creative endeavors
- An understanding of and respect for intellectual, social and cultural differences
- Significant commitment to citizenship through public service, school activities, community involvement, leadership and/or family
- Evidence of integrity and personal maturity
- The ability to benefit from and contribute to a culturally and intellectually diverse community of scholar-citizens
To serve an undergraduate student body of highly qualified, intellectually curious and actively involved students, the University is committed to provide excellence in its teaching/learning environment, to promote high levels of student achievement, and to offer appropriate academic support services. By identifying students with outstanding potential and fostering continued personal development in the classroom and the community, the University of Georgia expects that future leaders of the state, the region, the nation and the global community will emerge among its alumni.