Move on When Ready (MOWR) Applicants
A Move on When Ready (formerly Dual Enrollment) applicant is a local high school student who wishes to enroll in university-level coursework at the University of Georgia prior to high school graduation while simultaneously completing graduation requirements at his or her home high school.
Please note that only highly qualified local high school students living in the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area are eligible for consideration as a Move on When Ready student: Clarke, Oconee, Barrow, Walton, Jackson, Banks, Stephens, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Madison, Morgan, Oglethorpe and Greene.
We expect these students to be both academically and socially prepared for the University of Georgia, as these students will be treated as regular college students. Students should be organized and display the independence required to succeed in the UGA environment. The University suggests that any student considering this option speak with their high school guidance counselor well in advance of our application deadlines.
Move on When Ready Admission Criteria
Applicants must meet the following minimum academic requirements for consideration. Please note these requirements are subject to change each year.
- 3.90 High School GPA
- 1400 SAT-1 (CR + M) or 1450 SAT R or 31 ACT Composite Score
- Student must reside in one the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area: Clarke, Oconee, Barrow, Walton, Jackson, Banks, Stephens, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Madison, Morgan, Oglethorpe, Greene
- Student must be in 11th or 12th grade
After submitting an online application, materials should be submitted electronically.
- Official high school transcript (sealed or delivered electronically)
- Official SAT / ACT scores sent electronically from CollegeBoard / ACT
- School Report completed by guidance counselor or other school official
- Teacher recommendation
- Student letter of intent detailing why the student would like to pursue the Move on When Ready program at UGA.
- Parent letter of support.
August 15: Spring Semester
- If you intend to begin study as an incoming MOWR student at UGA in January, all materials must be postmarked by August 15.
April 15: Summer or Fall Semesters
- If you intend to begin study as an incoming MOWR student at UGA in either May (Summer) or August (Fall), all materials must be postmarked by April 15.
Students wishing to apply for Move on When Ready should use the first-year application and select the Move on When Ready option.
Students may select "Application Fee Waiver" during the Payment section of the application.
Students who are offered admission must Verify Lawful Presence.