Dual Enrollment (DE) Applicants
A Dual Enrollment applicant is a local high school student who wishes to enroll in university-level coursework at the University of Georgia prior to high school graduation while simultaneously completing graduation requirements at his or her home high school.
Please note that only highly qualified local high school students living in the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area are eligible for consideration as a Dual Enrollment student: Clarke, Oconee, Barrow, Walton, Jackson, Banks, Stephens, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Madison, Morgan, Oglethorpe and Greene.
We expect these students to be both academically and socially prepared for the University of Georgia, as these students will be treated as regular college students. Students should be organized and display the independence required to succeed in the UGA environment. The University suggests that any student considering this option speak with their high school guidance counselor well in advance of our application deadlines.
Dual Enrollment Admission Criteria
Applicants must meet the following minimum academic requirements for consideration. Please note these requirements are subject to change each year.
- 3.90 High School GPA
- 1400 SAT-1 (CR + M) or 1450 SAT R or 31 ACT Composite Score
- Student must reside in one the following counties surrounding the greater Athens area: Clarke, Oconee, Barrow, Walton, Jackson, Banks, Stephens, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Madison, Morgan, Oglethorpe, Greene
- Student must be in 11th or 12th grade
After submitting an online application, materials should be submitted electronically.
- Official high school transcript (sealed or delivered electronically)
- Official SAT / ACT scores sent electronically from CollegeBoard / ACT
- School Report completed by guidance counselor or other school official
- Teacher recommendation
- Parent/Guardian letter of support
August 15: Spring Semester
- If you intend to begin study as an incoming DE student at UGA in January, all materials must be postmarked by August 15.
April 15: Summer or Fall Semesters
- If you intend to begin study as an incoming DE student at UGA in either May (Summer) or August (Fall), all materials must be postmarked by April 15.
Students wishing to apply for Dual Enrollment should select the Dual Enrollment option.
Students who are offered admission must Verify Lawful Presence.