The 2016 Freshman application is now open! Here are a few key steps about what to do after you submit an application.
- A day or so after you apply, we will load your application into our
system. You will then be able to log into the myStatus page. This is
where you will be able to enter your counselor’s email for the
school/counselor evaluation and check on the status of your required supplemental items. We are okay if your counselor chooses to
send in a counselor form through Parchment instead.
- Be patient as we load your application into our our system and match
up test scores and supporting documents. Test scores are loaded on
Tuesdays and Fridays, and are not always sent immediately by the testing
agency. We suggest giving our office 5-10 business days to match up
items, so you not need to send items multiple times.
- Documents (transcripts, counselor/school evaluations, etc.) that are
sent prior to applying take a little while longer than items sent after
applying, so we suggest sending in materials after you apply. We accept
electronic documents such as GACollege411 transcripts, Parchment (an
electronic document system) documents and our own counselor form, as
these get to us much quicker than printed documents that are mailed. We
are okay with mailed documents (but do not suggest this option), but it takes more time to get to us
through the mail, opened, scanned and into a file than with electronic
- Starting in 2016, we have given the option for students to upload their fee waiver and Permanent Residency card (Green card) through the myStatus page. This will expedite the review process for these documents, and we do not need an additional paper copy if you upload the document through the myStatus page.
- We will accept all nationally offered SAT/ACT scores that are both taken and sent by
the Early Action10/15 deadline, so we are fine with the October SAT but we cannot
accept the October ACT. As well, in order for us to use your ACT scores,
we need at least one ACT Writing score. Make sure you send us scores on
time so we can review your file.
- Use the myStatus page to keep track of your application and
supporting documents/test scores. You (the applicant) are ultimately
responsible for your application, but we will send some reminder
emails/texts if your file is incomplete. I repeat, use the myStatus page
to keep track of your application. In addition, review the Timelines page for more details on when to expect a decision.
- Remember, we need an application fee, an official transcript, a
school/counselor evaluation and an SAT or ACT (with Writing) score to
complete your file, and the supplemental items EA submission deadline is
10/22. We cannot review your application without all these items. See the Deadlines/Required Items page for more details.
I hope these suggestions help, and Go Dawgs!