Final freshman decisions are now available online. We had a very strong applicant pool this year! We had about 21,000 applications which was our largest applicant pool ever. Here are a few notes about decisions:
- Please do not have multiple family members try to log onto the myStatus. This will slow down our serves. We suggest that only the student log in as multiple people logging in could lock down your myStatus. You can always share this information with family members after you see it.
- Before commenting about other students who have a decision, please review the Elephant Fable post ( http://ugaadmissions.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-elephant-parable-2013-edition.html ) and remember that you may not know everything about another student.
- We will delete any comments that are offensive, ask for personal information/stats from others, or that fall into the unacceptable comment category (Comments that bully, intimidate, or harass any user; Content that is hateful or threatening. Please see the New Visitors information posted on the right side of the blog).
- We have posted three blog posts this morning, one for each of the three decision possibilities, with details about each decision and links to FAQs. Please review everything about a decision before commenting.
- Please remember that other students and the admissions representatives in our office are people too and treat everyone with respect. Before hitting submit on a comment, make sure you actually want to post it.
- We will post statistics about the overall applicant group next week, once that information is available.
- No matter what your decision is, remember that there are a number of college options and UGA is just one of them.
- After decisions are out, the next steps are up to you. Whether you are depositing at UGA or another school, signing up for Housing, or registering for Orientation. Make sure you take care of everything you need to post-decision.