We're pleased that you're considering becoming a part of the UGA community. We want to do everything we can to answer your questions, guide you through the application process, and introduce you to the University of Georgia.
As one of the top public universities in the nation, UGA offers a culture of academic excellence and opportunity, made all the richer by our diverse community of scholar-citizens and vibrant student life program.
Enhancing our students' educational experience is our beautiful campus and the thriving town of Athens-only 70 miles from Atlanta, a city rich in international arts and culture. Visit UGA and discover for yourself why so many people love our campus and our community.
The University of Georgia and Agents:
The University of Georgia understands that agents or consultants are often engaged in many parts of the world to assist students in searching for and applying to universities in the United States. Please note however that UGA does NOT partner with agents to represent the University abroad or to assist in the completion of any part of the application. The policy of the University of Georgia does not endorse any agent or private organization in the recruitment or enrollment of international students. The University does NOT have contractual agreements with agents or organizations to represent the University or University interests. International students interested in learning more about the application or enrollment process at UGA are encouraged to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com
- Some 223 students represent 51 different countries and 330 come from homes where English is not the native language.
- Over 1400 identify themselves as Non-caucasian.
- 10% of the entering students have already attended college as a joint-enrolled student.
- More than 300 first-year students began their studies in the Freshman College Summer Experience Program.
- Demographics of students entering UGA in the most recent year:
- 60% female
- 480 African-American
- 27% non-Caucasian
- 88% Georgia residents
- 3.63-4.0 mid-50% GPA
- 3.83 average GPA
- 1170-1350 mid-50% SAT
- 1254 average SAT
- 606 average Writing SAT
- 27-31 mid-50% ACT
- 28 average ACT
- At the University of Georgia, applicant files are classified as "International" if they meet ANY of the 6 criteria listed in the Admissions Criteria for International Students
First Year International Applicants:
- First-Year International Applicants: Students who have never attended any College or University
Transfer International Applicants:
- International Transfer Applicants: Students who have attended College or University
Cost of Attendance:
- Financial and cost information for International Students found here
- Scholarships are available through individual academic departments and schools are typically awarded to upperclassmen, but prospective students should consult the web pages of their intended department and school for information regarding departmental scholarships awarded to incoming students. Some scholarships for first-year students require an additional application.
- Please visit our scholarship page for more information
Student Visa Information
- F-1 Visa Information:
- For information about acquiring a student visa (F-1 or J-1), and / or transferring your immigration status to the University of Georgia, please click here .
- Please note that students who are studying in the United States on an F-1 (or similar) visa are not eligible for federal need-based aid.
Important UGA International Applicant Websites:
University of Georgia Intensive English Program
UGA on Facebook
UGA on Twitter
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at :
call our office at: 001-706-542-2112